For those of you who are finding this blog and reading me for the first time let me say Welcome to a blog on security issues… specifically workplace violence, and sometimes customer service. My previous site, www.todays-training.com, also covered those issues but I changed to better reflect my brand and professional identity.
To all of my long time followers, thank you for following me to the new site. But for those who have just found me and for those who don’t know me… let me tell you about myself;
I have been in the security field for nearly 34 years. Even though I went blind in 2003, 6 weeks after moving to Phoenix, I have tried to stay involved in the field and do what I love best. Saving lives, property, assets, & improving the quality of contracted security services.
I have worked for, and gained a vast amount of experience & knowledge, in several diverse fields:
- Temp agencies – on both sides of the desk
- Security – again both in the field & management for 5 companies
- Hospitality at an extended stay hotel working in Customer Service
- Customer Service – Supervised a call center sales floor on night shift
- Restaurant –shift supervisor/Manager
So you can see I’ve worked in a large variety of fields. Therefore I believe I have the experience and knowledge to write what I believe in. Yes, my posts are full of quirky, weird, and unusual ideas sometimes. But they are time tested and they do work. You will have to tweak them for your own use but… Listing my experience further;
- Published more than 70 articles on varying aspects of security, human resources, & customer service
- Write this twice weekly, and more at times blog.
- Self-Published 2 books on school & workplace violence, 2009 & 2014 (and be sure to look for at least 2 or 3 more this year)
- Write a monthly column for the NFB Arizona Chapter newsletter
- Have appeared in the media more than 150 times being interviewed on various topics, mainly security.
- Lead a writers group specifically for blind writers in Phoenix
- Co-instruct a creative writing class at the Arizona Center for the Blind & Visually Impaired (ACBVI)
- Will be instructing a class on personal/home security at ACBVI starting in May
If you have any security questions or wish to have me consult for you and your company, either in person or telephonically we can discuss it, just send me a message with a phone number or e-mail address. I write these posts for one reason & one reason only. To help protect lives, property, and assets.
I encourage you to visit my Facebook page, One is too Many, to learn about the numerous incidents of Workplace Violence (WPV and school violence (SV) I come across, as well as other security issues/problems. You can also read past blogs of mine at the old site www.todays-training.com for a few more months if you wish. I would also encourage you to follow me on twitter as well @robertsollars2.
Thank you for taking the time to allow me to indulge myself with this post. I hope you will return and read more of my ideas and quirky thoughts on security and customer service. Have A Safe Day!
Facebook.com/oneistoomany or Twitter: @robertsollars2
I May be Blind but my Vision is Crystal Clear